Sunday, October 21, 2012

Love Songs

Everyone has a love song they call their own - that tells their love story.  You'll use it for 
your first dance, in your wedding video...but have you ever thought of going beyond 
that?  Print the lyrics on the back of your program, or get a custom guest book made 
with the words printed through out.  Even if it's a song that isn't usually a ballad, if the 
words having meaning for you, get someone to change it up and sing it live acoustically,
turn it into a ballad.  Makes it so personal.

I've heard a lot of love songs in my ten plus years of wedding planning, but my favourite 
is the one Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi used for their wedding.  

Here is their wedding video with the song, and words below. :)




Shoelaces untied

You can dry your eyes

Perfect shadows lie behind us

This is the day I make you mine



The way your hair lies

sometimes unrecognized.

All the way from these today ???

on a train

Nothing to say but there's still time



But you are the one

I've been waiting for today

Here comes the sun

It's been baiting more, today



Lately I've lost my tongue

Today you found my song

I know our love has grown

I thank God you came along

But you are the one

I've been waiting for, today

And here comes the sun

It's been baiting on today


You looked right through me

When there was no one else

I sat beside you and became myself

Today

Today



You are the one

I've been waiting for today

And here comes the sun

That's been baiting on today 

No comments:

Post a Comment